We are M.A.D (Make A Difference) and we are here to spread information about the affects of bullying on people’s lives and how and what one can do to prevent such things from happening. Bullying has caused many tragedies throughout the course of many years such as deaths or severe injuries. According to these statistics at http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bullying-statistics-2010.html:
- Over half, about 56 percent, of all students have witnessed a bullying take place within the vicinity of the school.
- A reported 15 percent of all students who don’t show up for school say that it is because they are afraid of being bullied at school.
- There are about 71 percent of students that report bullying as an on-going problem.
- Relating to the last problem, about one out of every 10 students drops out or changes schools because of repeated bullying.
- One out of every 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school.
- Some of the top years for bullying include 4th through 8th graders in which 90 percent were reported as victims of some kind of bullying.
- Other recent bullying statistics reveal that 54 percent of students reported that witnessing physical abuse at home can lead to violence in school.
- There are about 282,000 students that are reportedly attacked in high schools throughout the nation each month.
Reading and taking in the information that we are putting on these blog posts will most certainly help out the people who face bullying on a daily basis and will truly help our cause.
Live Long and Prosper- Tony R.